Stans NoTubes Grail Mk.3 rims laced to a Chris King R45D 6-Bolt hubs. A solid, lightweight wheelset equally at home on a lightweight high-end road or gravel/adventure bike. Durable, serviceable and great riding.
Sometimes it’s just the very best aluminium wheelsets that fit in with the aesthetics of certain bikes. Or anyone looking for that classic look. That’s why we’ve paired the great Chris King hub with what we consider to be the best disc-brake aluminium rim on the market at the moment.
R45 hubs combine a lightweight hub body and legendary made-in-house bearings. The result is the increased power and modulation of disc brakes, the fast, smooth rolling speed of our bearings, and the rail steering from our one piece solid axles.
Our bearings have heat-treated, surgical grade steel races that are machined simultaneously, with tools of equal wear to ensure perfectly matched inner and outer races. The quality and speed of our bearings is what sets Chris King apart from the competition and they are what you will feel and notice on every single ride. As Chris King bearing tracks burnish they get faster with age and all Chris King hubs and bearings are fully serviceable for years upon years of demanding use.
- Engineered, manufactured and assembled in Portland, Oregon USA
- Legendary made-in-house bearings
- King Lifetime Warranty
- Patented RingDrive system with 45 simultaneously engaged points of contact for virtually drag free engagement
- 142mm x 12mm thru axle rear
- Easily serviceable and completely re-buildable with the R45 Hub Service Tool
- Ceramic bearing upgrade available
- Light and laterally stiff design optimized for disc and tubeless tyres (tubed-type tyres also work fine).
- Patented BST-R tubeless rim inflates easier and offers a more secure tire fit.
- 20.3mm WideRight rim design improves cornering and stability and lets tires roll faster.
- Optimized for 25-40mm disc road, gravel, and cyclocross tires.