Hope's 40T expander sprocket brings 11 speed range to 10 speed users. This is a much much cheaper alternative to getting a whole new drivechain!
The Hope T-Rex ratio expander allows you to upgrade your existing 11-36 10spd cassette to give an 11-40T range. The T-Rex simply installs behind your existing cassette and replaces one of the smaller sprockets, usually 17T.
Shimano and Sram specific 40T sprockets have been designed, this gives us the following benefits which wouldnÂ’t be possible with a larger sprocket size or with a universal type designÂ….
- Precise matching of the tooth profiles and shifting points specific to each cassette
- Perfect mating of supporting tabs reducing flex and aiding shift performance
- Lower B-tension adjustment is needed ensuring good shifting throughout the cassette range compared to fitting a 42t
- Compatible with
- Shimano XT and XTR 11-36 10spd cassettes.
- Sram PG1030, PG1050 and PG1070 11-36 cassettes
- Hard anodised 7075T6 aluminium