Job Opportunity – Accounts Assistant
We are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant role at our HQ in Barham, Canterbury. We are looking for a candidate with excellent accuracy skills who is keen to work in a busy office.
This is a newly created role which will allow someone the opportunity to develop their skills practically.
Within this role you will assist the Finance Manager with all of the regular external and internal requirements of the Finance function.
The roles responsibilities include, but are not restricted to:
- Liaising with the sales & ordering managers to develop & maintain an accurate and efficient finance function
- Purchase ledger
- Daily and monthly bank reconciliations
- Entering invoices onto in-house systems
- Dealing with emails and phone call queries
- Updating daily cashflow spreadsheet
- Monthly payroll processing
- Completion & maintenance of accurate accounting records
- Ad-hoc reporting.
You will have/be:
- Proficient in all areas of practical bookkeeping
- Reliable, highly numerate and methodical in prioritising your workload
- Good Excel skills with a strong understanding of spreadsheets including pivot tables
- A high degree of discretion as you will be working with confidential information.
- Knowledge of Sage accounting software is highly advantageous
- A strong grasp of ecommerce in a retail environment
- Knowledge of a variety of revenue streams including Sage, PayPal, Amazon and retail finance
- AAT qualification or equivalent.
This is an excellent role for someone who is looking for the next step in their career. There will be training provided and exposure to a wide range of departments.
In return we can offer you a fast-paced working environment in a young and friendly team, Cycle-to-Work scheme and pension. AAT study package available for the right candidate.
This role is 25 hours per week and we are flexible on days/hours. Salary is pro-rata.
For any more information or to apply please email Lesley at email@example.com.