The All-New Santa Cruz Nomad
Today Santa Cruz have launched the brand new Nomad. The 4th generation of this famous bike sees an overhaul of the design introduces new features to keep it on top of the enduro stack. The 2018 Nomad brings more travel, adjustable geometry, killer looks and some very cool build kits.
- 170mm travel (up 10mm).
- More pedal efficient – the Nomad surprises everyone at how well it pedals. It’s now even better. If you want a big travel bike that you can pedal up this ticks the boxes – if you want a bike to slay the Alps but that you happily pedal around your local trails then this is it. The Nomad has a 75 degree seat-tube angle which helps keep your body weight forward when you’re on the up.
- Adjustable geometry – a flip chip allows you to get the Nomad a little slacker for those big days out. As standard the new Nomad rocks a 65 degree headtube angle but can be slacked slightly to 64.6 degrees. This lowers the BB by 5mm to 339mm and takes the seat-tube angle to 74.1.
- Direct mount rear brake – looks neater, it’s the new standard don’t you know
- Metric shock sizing – again, another new standard, but one that’s being adopted by all manufacturers
- Shuttle guard – OK, so this isn’t exactly relevant for most UK-dwellers but it’s a thing in North America. Think of it as additional downtube protection from rock strikes etc.
The Santa Cruz Nomad still has a lifetime frame warranty. You can get rowdy on this bike as you have Santa Cruz’s backup. We’ve been selling Santa Cruz bikes for a long time and hand-on-heart they have absolutely the lowest warranty case rate of any bike/frame brand we’ve ever sold in our 10 years of operation.
The new Santa Cruz Nomad is available as a full bike or frame-only. There are three Nomad C builds and two Nomad CC builds.
- R Build – RockShox Yari 170mm fork
- S Build – this is tasty – SRAM Eagle groupset, Lyrik 170mm, E13 rims
- XE Build – RockShox Lyrik RCT3 170mm, XT mech/shifter, E13 cassette, SRAM Code RSC brakes, carbon bars etc. Plus on the XE build you get to switch out the shock for a coil option (the very good RockShox Super Deluxe Coil RCT) at no extra cost which is worth doing if you’re mainly going to be throwing this bike down mountains.
We expect the XE build bikes to be the first into the UK (late June) closely followed by the R and S in early July.
The Nomad CC bike brings out the bling kit. The frame itself is slightly lighter than the C frame due to a different carbon layup.
Build it your way with the frame-only option. You can chose from the RockShox Super Deluxe Coil or Air shock.
The previous generation Nomad was a massive hit. It’s been taken up a level for the 2018 Nomad and we’re very excited about this bike. First bikes are due with us late June and stand alone frames are first due into the UK in August. We went really big on our pre-orders for this bike when we were first shown it so are well set to get you the bike for your summer riding plans. Get in touch if you want the latest due dates on any model. All orders are strictly first-come first-served.